Homecoming 2021 

Molly Parham ‘23 , staff writer

As we make our way through September, and approach October, our PCHS 2021 Homecoming Dance and Week are right around the corner! Starting Monday, September 27th our Homecoming Spirit week, filled with themed out-of-uniform days, festivities, and activities will commence. The night of Friday, October 1st marks our first Homecoming football game back since 2019, pre-pandemic. Lastly, as the night of October 2nd approaches, our first dance since Sweethearts 2020 arrives! Homecoming 2021 is sure to be a blast and the buzz of excitement can already be sensed around the school.  

The PCHS Student Council is busy trying to decide and plan themes for Spirit Week. As a student council representative, I am excited and eager to share the themes with all of you! Although they are not final yet and I cannot share, I am positive the student body will truly enjoy this year’s spirit week themes! Filled with both classic, PCHS traditional spirit week theme, and new, never done before themes, this week is sure to be filled with fun spirit options for everyone! 

Although the Homecoming football game theme is not known yet, this is sure to be one of the most fun and spirited games yet! The football season is back this year, and Celtic Nation has shown its dedication and school spirit the past few Fridays. As the lights turn on and the cheers begin on the field and in the stands, Celtic Nation is exhilarated to be back for their favorite season. The Homecoming football game is sure to be no different, with loads of school spirit! 

Sweethearts 2020 was a memorable and fun night for the current juniors and seniors, who attended when they were freshman and sophomores. Little did we all know, about three weeks after that dance the pandemic would begin. Current freshman and sophomores have never experienced a PCHS dance, and this will be their first. The atmosphere of PCHS Homecoming 2021 is sure to be amazing, filled with great music and loads of laughs and smiles. This year, due to COVID-19 regulations, the dance will occur on the football field instead of indoors. Although this is an odd change, nothing will stop the student body from enjoying our first dance back and having an amazing night.