Spring Show Suspense

Paige Shepherd '23, Staff Writer

After the closing of the Providence Catholic Theatre’s fall show, Elf, students have been anxiously awaiting the announcement of the 2020 spring show. Dr. Eckert, the theatre department’s director, has been getting tons of questions as to what the show might be. “We don’t know yet,” she says on the topic. Dr. Eckert has been searching through a list of acceptable shows provided by The Jimmy Awards, or the National High School Musical Theatre Awards. The list is three pages long with hundreds of shows! She says that after several hours of determining which shows might fit the department, she finally narrowed it down to a few possibilities.

Dr. Eckert sent this list to the music director, Mrs. Waldron, and the choreographer, Mrs. Knezz. Dr. Eckert says the announcement will be coming very soon. Though the show, has not been decided upon yet, the dates will be April 1st through the 5th.

When asked about the exciting new announcement, two students had ideas for the show. “I’d like it to be High School Musical,” says freshman Cecilia Santschi. “I think the theatre students would have a lot of fun with it.” Sophomore Emily Kenny says, “Little Women would be a great show for us, it would help us showcase more girls as leads.”  The exciting news should be revealed soon, and everyone is eagerly awaiting it!