CELTIC SPORTS UPDATE

Rina Jeong '24, staff writer

Continuing the fantastic performance from the Fall, Providence Catholic High School students have excelled in the winter season sports! Providence Catholic students participate in numerous winter sports, including basketball, volleyball, dance, bowling, wrestling, baseball, cheerleading, and hockey.

For the girls’ basketball team, we now have a player, Annalise Pietrzyk, who scored her 1000th career point, which is exceptional. (Annalise is pictured at right)

The wrestling team just won CCL Conference Championships.

Dancing Celtics competed in IHSA sectionals and beat with a fantastic dance performance. They will go to state finals soon, on Friday, January 27, at the Grossinger Motor Arena in Bloomington at 1:41 p.m.  It is highly looking forward for both the dance team members and Providence Catholic students. The tickets to watch their state performance can also be bought online, and the link for it is on the PCHS poms Instagram bio.

Our baseball Team, showing their Augustinian faiths and beliefs, willingly participated in serving our community at Feed My Starving Children in Aurora, helping the hungry children.

Bowling Team also finished 3rd place in the CCL Championship and went to the IHSA Sectionals.

Lastly, the providence hockey team is continuing their victories in their hockey games. The varsity hockey team won the championship with zero losses in Minnesota, returning with the trophy, and the JV hockey team made it into the tournament. Congratulations to all the athletes competing now and will be competing next season!