CONSER NAMED PROVISCOPE EDITOR

Charlie Celtic, staff writer

Providence Catholic High School junior, Peter Conser has been named Student Editor of the school’s virtual student newspaper, the Proviscope.

The newspaper celebrates its 60 anniversary and will publish six issues during the school year.

Conser is involved in over fifteen different clubs including the Proviscope.  He is a member of the following: Student Council, Student Ambassadors, Science Club, Art Club, International Club, Augustinian Youth Ministry, IALAC 2.0, TASC Club, The Singing Celtics (Choir Officer), International Thespian Society, The National Society for High School Scholars, and The Society for Torch and Laurel. In addition, he is a member of the cast for the Providence Theater Club.  He holds leadership position in Habitat for Humanity (officer), Tri-M Music Honor Society (officer).

Outside of PCHS, Peter has pursued medical research with The University of Chicago Medicine and was selected to present his medical research at a virtual medical symposium in Boston, Massachusetts. Furthermore, Peter is the Youth Sector Leader of The Will County Substance Abuse and Prevention Coalition and works tirelessly to reduce substance abuse in the community of Will County, specifically among youth.