PROVISCOPE

The Student News Site of Providence Catholic High School

PROVISCOPE

PROVISCOPE

Congratulations to Our Retiring Teachers!
Features
Katherine Timm '25May 2, 2024
Summer Reading Book Recommendations
Features
Summer Reading Book Recommendations
Emily Amann '24May 2, 2024
Summer Fun!
Features
Summer Fun!
Devan Reynolds '24May 2, 2024
Mental Health Awareness Movies and TV Shows
Features
Michael Giacomo '25May 2, 2024
Top 5 Tips for Acing Finals
Features
Top 5 Tips for Acing Finals
Katherine Timm '25May 2, 2024

Is Wendy’s going to start “Surge Pricing?”

Is Wendys going to start Surge Pricing?

Picture this: you’re craving some Wendy’s but heard a rumor that they will start charging more when the line gets long. Is it true? Let’s clear up the confusion.

Wendy’s wants to clear the air about something: they’re not going to charge you more for your burgers and fries just because it’s busy. Some news reports got it wrong when they said Wendy’s would use “surge pricing” to change food prices based on how many people were ordering. But Wendy’s says, “Nope, not happening.”

They did say they’re getting new digital menu boards, though. These fancy boards can show different food items depending on the time of day or what’s popular. But Wendy’s wants to make it clear: they’re not using this to jack up prices when more people show up. Instead, they might use it to offer deals or discounts more easily.

During a presentation about how they’re doing financially, Wendy’s mentioned these new menu boards. They said it’s a way to use technology to make more money and maybe sell you more stuff, but they didn’t give many details about how exactly they will do it. So, bottom line: Wendy’s isn’t going to charge you more when it’s busy, but they might try to sell you some extra stuff with their cool new menu boards.

In a nutshell, Wendy’s isn’t planning to hit you with surge pricing anytime soon. So, next time you’re in the mood for a Frosty or some spicy nuggets, rest assured, knowing that your wallet won’t take a hit just because it’s lunch rush hour. And who knows, with those snazzy new digital menu boards, you might just score a sweet deal on your favorite meal.